Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Ultimate in Veggie Dips

There is a vegetable dip that has become a huge tradition in my family--every Holiday occasion brings a request for this one-of-kind dip! I do not really know the age of its existence, but I am aware that it has been around since *I* was born and it has always been a hit wherever it goes! Try it out and I am positive it will be a success with your close ones as well...and maybe it can be another idea for a Superbowl snack?

It's as simple as mixing all the following ingredients together:

2 cups WHOLE EGG Mayonnaise (preferably Hellmanns)
2 cups REGULAR sour cream
2 tbsp minced onion flakes
2 tbsp parsley flakes
1 tbsp of dillweed
1 tbsp accent
1 tbsp season salt
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Place in fridge until ready to serve

**This recipe makes close to a large bowl, so if only looking for a smaller portion, cut all ingredients in half.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great!! I've never heard of accent though... what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a salt substitute, so you would find it in the same aisle at the grocery store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are in Brazil... do you think if I omit that ingredient, it will be a noticeable difference? I need something to bring to a party next week :) I have all the other ingredients...

      Delete
    2. It should be fine if you omit it because many of the flavours come from the other ingredients :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is a type of spice, looks like small green flakes, almost like parsley :)

      Delete