Friday, March 1, 2013

Tip of the Day #239: Removing Scratches from Plates

The BEST product to use to remove plate scratches is 'Barkeeper's Friend' (can be found in your local hardware store.) Since it is somewhat abrasive, I suggest doing a test on the back of a plate first. To do the test patch, simply add a small amount of Barkeeper's Friend to a damp sponge and gently rub a small patch on the back of one plate. 

Once it has been determined that the cleaner and sponge will not scratch the plates, apply a small amount of cleaner to a damp sponge and gently rub the utensil marks off of the plates. One application might not be enough to remove dark marks, but be patient and try rubbing them off a few times.

IF the test resulted in your plate being scratched, (usually happens with delicate china) use another product called, 'Bon Ami' with the same instructions.

2 comments:

  1. I am very appreciated for this blog. It's a useful theme. It End of lease cleaning Neutral bay | End of lease cleaning Mosman causes me especially to take care of and certain issues. Its chance is so awesome and working style so quick. I figure it might help every one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I have seen it sooner, It's worth my time to read. It is fun and exciting to read and you'll never get bored. I will surely get back to this! - arborist St Marys

    ReplyDelete