I recently had the pleasure of receiving a box of Woolzies Dryer Balls to review. I cannot tell you how excited I was to see them show up in the mail two days ago--so much so that I immediately did a load of laundry when I came in the door just to see how they were when it came to drying the items!
I do know about dryer balls as I have purchased other brands in the past when trying to live a 'greener' and more eco-friendly lifestyle, but it is always nice to compare!
For those who are unfamiliar with these products, they are 100% chemical-free, Wool dryer balls that are made from a natural fabric and when you have enough balls in your dryer it does an excellent job of decreasing drying time--BY UP TO 25%!! Think of all the energy you will be saving--music to your ears! Especially for cloth diapering Mamas!
With that being said, Woolzies are by FAR by favourite for two main reasons:
1. Their dryer balls are made from 100% FINE NEW ZEALAND WOOL--the best of its kind! I especially like this because I suffer from skin sensitivity and often become itchy very easily, but I must say that after using Woolzies, I did not have a single reaction! I also feel safe using them in my kiddos laundry as we all know childrens skin is much more sensitive than us adults.
2. My clothes were softer than normal! Although Woolzies promises a 25% reduction in dryer time, I would say my few loads of laundry were done in closer to 45% of the time (using all 6 balls)--BONUS!! Not only this, but I have found after using other brands of dryer balls that static has still been an issue...well not with Woolzies! Ahhh...I'm in Heaven! :)
So you may be asking "How do Woolzies really work?" Well, to get the best performance out of your dryer balls, you should purchase four or more. Aside from the absorbant fabric, the dryer balls bounce through your clothes as they dry, fluffing and separating the clothes, which is how they cut down on drying time. In addition, if you live in a very dry area, you know the static this can cause--and as i previously explained, Woolzies eliminate this problem!
Want to wash your pillows? No problem! The dryer balls are excellent in fluffing them and as they circulate around, they remove germs & dust mites up to 99%! You may have heard and think putting tennis balls in the dryer to fluff your pillows is a more reasonable suggestion--however, the rubber odor can be bad, they do not contain an absorbant material and again, are nowhere near NATURAL.
To answer any further questions you may have, I have personally come up with a few Q & A's:
1. How long can you use the same dryer balls for?
Woolzies guarantee 1,000 loads. On average, 3 years, but some people claim they have used the same batch for 4 years and are still going strong.
3. "I use vinegar to soften my clothes. How are dryer balls better than this natural alternative?"
Vinegar IS great at softening clothes, but it does not remove bacteria or dust mites or cut dryer time. It also does not remove static like dryer balls.
4. How are these any better than the plastic (PVC) ones that I got from my local superstore?
They are VERY different actually! The conventional plastic ones you see on TV and in your local store are made from plastic and when heated can emit harmful smells that can irritate the lungs. They also do not speed up your drying time as these 100% wool dryer balls do. Plastic dryer balls can also rip and tear some more delicate clothing items.
If I am being honest, the only NEGATIVE thing I can say about Woolzies is that they are unscented--but that is strictly a personal preference! An solution to this would be to simply inject essential oil into your dryer balls. VOILA!
***NOW FOR THE BEST PART--YOU CAN WIN A *FREE BOX* OF WOOLZIES FOR YOUR HOME!! JUST SIMPLY FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS BELOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN:
1. You must LIKE Woolzies Dryer Balls on Facebook ----> https://www.facebook.com/Woolzies
2. You must be a fan of A Mum 'n the Oven on Facebook
3. SHARE the contest post on A Mum 'n the Ovens Facebook Page (make sure you are set to share publicly or we cannot see any shares!)
4. Leave your name and email address in the comments under this post so we can contact you if you win! :)
5. Earn additional entries by referring your friends/family to both Woolzies & A Mum n the Oven's pages. Your friends MUST write who sent them on Mum's page so we can keep track :)
CONTEST ENDS APRIL 20TH, 2013 AT 11:59PM EST.
GOOD LUCK!!! xx