We all know how easy it is to get overwhelmed by our daily tasks and maintaining a household, so hopefully this post helps out many of you!
The most effective way I find to stay organized (and calm) from day to day is filling out my kitchen board. It is divided into two sections: Menu & Cleaning/Chores. The menu side lays out what is for dinner each evening (I fill this out every Sunday for the week) and the alternate cleaning side displays what chores are designated for each day of the week, so I am not left to do them all at once! This also leaves for less questions from other family members and if they feel inclined to help out with chores (ha!), they know what needs to be done.
As you can see, I don't do laundry everyday, I will only do it on the designated days--Friday and/or Saturday during peak times. This helps out HUGE on the hydro bill! My kids also know these are laundry days and are aware they must be around to assist in putting away their items.
If you are interested in making a mounted kitchen board like mine, it is VERY simple! What you will need is:
1 poster frame (mine is 16x20 from the craft store)
1 can of black chalkboard spray paint (you can also make this yourself if you search online)
Dry Erase Marker
Decorative Accents (optional)
1. Remove glass from frame, measure middle of glass and place one strip of masking tape down direct middle.
2. Apply chalkboard paint to TOP side of glass either on the left or right of the tape (not both) and leave to dry.
3. Repeat step one but with cardboard insert that came with frame behind glass.
4. Adhere scrapbook paper to the alternate side of the tape on cardnoard (ie. if you painted left side of glass, scrapbook paper would go on right side of cardboard). If you have purchased sticky letters or other embellishments, this is when you would attach to paper.
5. Once all has dried, put frame back together--cardboard first, then fit glass into frame.
6. Add any other decorative accents at this time and your board should be complete!